Monday, December 05, 2016

You're never too old (or experienced) to ask for help

With the new game underway in Unity, I'm finding that I have a lot of new stuff to learn. I've been using Swift for the last year and now I'm learning how to program in C#. I can find my way around Xcode but now I need to find my way around the Unity IDE.

While the internet is an awesome resource full of tutorials, how-to-videos and code samples sometimes it can be a struggle to find the answer you're looking for.

If you find yourself hitting your head against the wall and are spending way more time than you should trying to solve a problem, then swallow your pride and reach out to other indies and ask for help. Most are cool and are more than happy to help out if they can.

Hopefully you'll get the answers you need and will be back making your game.

And don't forget to be on the lookout for others experiencing pain so you can pass on your newfound knowledge. It pays to pay it forward.

No comments: