Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I'm going on a Safari!

Right now I'm writing this blog entry using Safari on my Windows XP machine.  I downloaded the Beta version of the Mac browser as soon as it was available.  I'm going to give it a go for a week or two to see if it's better than Firefox.

I'm a huge fan of Firefox - the browser is so far ahead of what MS is doing with Internet Explorer.  So Safari will have to be pretty damn good for me to make the leap to it full time.

So far Safari is looking good especially for a Beta version. Obviously some things that will be fixed, or will improved in later versions.  Some of my favorite things include:

1) The Find on Page function (CTRL-F) is better than Firefox.  It displays the text you're finding in a cool orange and white box so it really pops from the screen.

2) When you click on a text entry box it highlights the box with a cool blue glow. Very nice.

3) When the page is loading the address bar becomes the loading bar. Simple and effective.

Anyway, if you're interested, download the Beta of Safari now from Apple.


No comments: