Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Game On!

I did my Game On! talk at the Kelvin Grove Urban Village today.

The talk was about how now is an awesome time to be making games - on all platforms. I focused on the independent side of things, covering casual and indie gaming - with examples of successful games made with small teams.

I wanted to show students how they can make a game on a shoestring (hey, if you're reading this, then you already have a computer and internet access). If you want a job in the games industry then showing off a game that you worked on really helps.

I used my latest casual game as an example of how I use free tools to develop a game that you can (soon) buy online... Download the powerpoint presentation to find out what the game is :-)

The powerpoint also includes links to download the tools that I use.
I hope you find it useful.

No comments: